- LOVE GOD - mentioned at least fifteen times directly.
- LOVE ONE ANOTHER - mentioned at least fourteen times directly.
- LOVE CHRIST - mentioned throughout scripture in different ways.
- LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR - mentioned at least ten times.
- LOVE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTER IN CHRIST - mentioned at least seven times.
- LOVE YOUR WIFE - mentioned at least four times.
- LOVE YOUR ENEMIES - mentioned at least three times.
- LOVE THE STRANGER - mentioned at least two times.
- LOVE YOUR CHILDREN - mentioned at least one time.
- LOVE YOUR HUSBAND - mentioned at least one time.
Example: Deuteronomy 6:5, "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
Example: John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."
Example: John 14:15, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."
Example: Leviticus 19:18, "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD."
Example: 1 John 3:14, "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death."
Example: Colossians 3:19, "Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them."
Example: Matthew 5:44, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
Example: Leviticus 19:34, "But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God."
Example: Titus 2:4, "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,"
Example: Titus 2:4 "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,"
Copyright 1997 Faith Bible Baptist Church - Pastor Arthur F. Kohl