Test your NIV
Instructions: Using the New International Version Bible, answer the following questions. Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the Bible verse (not from footnotes but from the text).
- 1. Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies, _____ them that curse you, _____ to them that hate you, and pray for them that _____ and persecute you."
- According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of demon?
- According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?
- According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?
- In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV.
- In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to _____.
- According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?
- According to Luke 7:28, what was John (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc)? What is his title or last name?
- In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?
- In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?
- In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?
- According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?
- In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?
- John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?
- What happened each year as told in John 5:4?
- In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
- In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?
- What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?
- Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.
- Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command?
- Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.
- First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?
- In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?
- Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7?
- Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A_____ and O_____, the _____ and the _____:"
- BONUS: According to Second Samuel 21:19, who did Elhanan kill?
Conclusion: Although little space is provided for your answers, it's much more than needed. If you followed the instructions above, you failed the test.
So now what do you think of your "accurate, easy-to-understand, up-to-date Bible?"
If you would like a perfect score, take this test using the Authorized King James Bible. (Answers below)
|New International Version||Authorized King James Version
|Missing||Bless; do go; despitefully use you|
|No verse 21 in text||Prayer and fasting|
|No verse 11 in text ||To save that which was lost|
|No first name mentioned||Pontius|
|No words of prophet recorded||They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.|
|Nothing else recorded||Heal sicknesses|
|No verse 16 in text|| Ears|
|No occupation; no title mentioned||Prophet; Baptist|
|It doesn't say||What manner of spirit ye are of|
|It doesn't say||To destroy; to save|
|It doesn't say||Twelve|
|It doesn't say||Greek, Latin and Hebrew |
|It doesn't say||In Heaven|
|No verse 4 in text ||An angel went down into the pool |
|It doesn't say ||By night|
|It doesn't say||Believe with all heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God|
|It doesn't say||Lord, what wilt thou have me to do|
|No verse 34 in text ||Silas|
|No verse 7 in text; it doesn't say ||Judged according to the law; Lysias; take their accusations to Felix|
|No verse 24 in text ||The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.|
|It only says He but doesn't mention who ||God|
|It doesn't say||Evil; glorified|
|It doesn't say||The Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost|
|It doesn't say||Alpha; Omega; first; last|
|Goliath||The brother of Goliath|