QUESTIONS FOR JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES
Dear Christian Friend,
The following questions are not usually known by the Jehovah's Witnesses. Please make sure that you carefully read every answer.
SPECIAL NOTE : The first six questions have to do with obvious mistranslations in the New World Translation, hereafter referred to as “NWT.” The object is to show that the NWT is not the best translation. (Modern English versions DO line up with the NWT, so if you expect to use any of these questions on a Jehovah's Witness with anything other than a King James Bible, you will have real problems.)
QUESTION NUMBER 16 is a real classic in dealing with the J.W. that says Luke 16 is a parable. Even the very strongest J.W. is stumped when this question is presented properly.
Please note that the answers to all questions follow later in this text.
Please use only the questions that you understand clearly otherwise you may find yourself in difficulty.
May God bless you as you witness to Jehovah's (false) Witnesses.
QUESTIONS FOR JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
(1) Did David kill Goliath? [Yes__No__]
(2) Is Mark 1:2 a quote from Isaiah the prophet? [Yes__No__] They can look it up in the New World Translation to check.
(3) Did all die in the wilderness according to Heb. 3:16 in the NWT? [Yes__No__]
(4) Did Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob know God by the name of Jehovah? [Yes__No__]
(5) Is Joseph the father of Jesus? [Yes__No__]
(6) Do eagles preach? [Yes__No__] Note Rev. 8:13 in NWT.
(7) Do you believe that you will be on earth forever? [Yes__No__]
(8) Do Jehovah's Witnesses approve of Roman Catholic Bibles? [Yes__No__]
(9) Are Jesus and Michael the archangel the same? [Yes__No__]
(10) Do you observe communion? [Yes__ No__]
(11) Did Jesus Christ physically (bodily) raise from the grave? [Yes__No__]
(12) Do angels worship Jesus? [Yes__No__]
(13) Is the new birth necessary to go into the kingdom? [Yes__No__]
(14) Do the 144,000 represent Jehovah's Witnesses? [Yes__No__]
(15) Are hell and the grave the same? [Yes__No__]
(16) Does the word "certain" mean: "sure; true; unquestionable; cannot be denied; existing in fact and truth" according to the dictionary? [Yes__No__]
(Have the J.W. personally look this up in a dictionary if possible and make sure that you have looked it up first yourself).
(17) Is the following the gospel according to the Watchtower Society - "The re-establishment of God's kingdom with Christ's second presence commencing in 1914? " [Yes__No__]
(18) Does the soul stay with the body until the resurrection? [Yes__No__]
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
(1) 2 Sam. 21:19 NWT "And war arose once again with the Philistines at Gob, and ELHANAN the...Bethlehemite got to strike down GOLIATH the Gittite..."
NOTE: KJV: David killed Goliath NOT Elhanan (1 Sam. 17:48-51). Elhanan killed the brother of Goliath (1 Chron. 20:5).
(2) Mark 1:2 is a quote from TWO prophets (Malachi and Isaiah) not just Isaiah. Note Malachi 3:1. The King James Bible is correct not the NWT.
(3) No! Joshua and Caleb did not provoke the Lord and die in the wilderness. Heb. 3:16 NWT "For who were they that heard and yet provoked to bitter anger? Did not, in fact, all do so who went out of Egypt under Moses? The NWT is obviously a mistranslation.
(4) Gen. 28:13 NWT "and look! there was JEHOVAH the God of Abraham..."
NOTE: Jehovah was not known as Jehovah until the time of Moses; over 300 years AFTER Abraham died (Exod. 6:3). This is an obvious mistranslation in the NWT, since Jehovah was not known by that name in Abraham's time.
(5) Joseph was the stepfather and not the father of Jesus. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost. Note: Matt. 1:18, 20. The NWT is not only in error but is blasphemous in doctrine.
(6) Since when do eagles preach the gospel? You have got to be kidding? Note what the NWT says in Rev. 8:13; "And I saw, and I heard and EAGLE flying in midheaven say with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to those dwelling on the earth..." The King James Bible RIGHTLY translates this as ANGEL.
(7) How are you going to live on the earth forever when the earth will be burned up at the end times?
Note: 2 Pet. 3:10-11 KJV "...the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also... shall be burned up." The Lord will reign on this earth for one thousand years. See Rev. 20:4 & 6; "...and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."
(8) Then why do Jehovah's Witnesses use a Roman Catholic Greek text? The NWT is taken from the Westcott and Hort Greek text; (Note the forward in the NWT); which in turn comes from the VATICANUS (Vatican - Roman Catholic) greek manuscripts. In places of textual variation the NWT lines up with the Roman Catholic Bible and takes the Catholic reading OVER the King James reading. (Caution - not all NWT have this in their forward).
NOTE: These other verses also verify this:
2 Tim. 2:15 - "STUDY" (Left out). Someone does not want you to study. Luke 4:4 - "EVERY WORD OF GOD" (Left out). Acts 23:9 - "NOT FIGHT AGAINST GOD" (Left out). Rom. 13:9 - "NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS" (Left out).
(9) Show just one verse that says that Michael and Jesus are the same. Just one.
(10) The Watchtower teaches that Jesus Christ returned in 1914. Why do you observe communion since the Bible teaches that we are only to observe it "UNTIL HE COMES"? (1 Cor. 11:26)
(11) Jesus did not just raise as a spirit or turn into gasses, but rose BODILY and saw NO CORRUPTION.
He saw no corruption - "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption." (Acts 2:31).
He appeared to the disciples bodily - "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hand and his feet." (Luke 24:39-40).
He has a body now in heaven - "And he lifted up his hands. and blessed them. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven." (Luke 24:50-51).
"For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead BODILY (Col 2:9) This was written 30 years after the resurrection.
(12) YES! Angels do worship Jesus. Heb. 1:6 KJV "...When he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God WORSHIP him." The NWT also says this. The word "obeisance" means worship. Please see footnote in NWT on Heb. 1:6.
(13) YES! The New Birth is essential to salvation. (John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him. Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (Ask why they have not been born again?) Note: They will not enter the kingdom if not born again.
(14) ASK THEM - Who are the 144,000?
Rev. 7:4 KJV - "And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel."
Rev. 14:3,4 KJV - The 144,000 are VIRGINS and NOT MARRIED. "And no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins."
(15) NO! HELL AND THE GRAVE ARE NOT THE SAME.
If hell is the grave, then Christ was a fool to give instructions to sinners to go through life halt, maimed or blind than to go to hell in good health. If hell is the grave then you would go to hell, no matter what. EVERY ONE DIES AND CUTTING OFF SOMETHING WOULD NOT AFFECT ANYTHING. (Mark 9:43)
THERE IS NO FIRE IN THE GRAVE: THERE IS IN HELL.
Luke 16:24 KJV "And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. "
Mat 18:9 KJV "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire. "
Mat 25:41 & 46 KJV "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. "
THERE IS NO ANNIHILATION OF THE WICKED; HELL IS A PLACE OF EVERLASTING TORMENT.
Rev 14:11 KJV "And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. "
Rev 20:10 KJV "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”
(16) All Jehovah's Witnesses will state that Luke 16 (the rich man in hell) is a parable. This can readily be proven false just from a King James Bible without going to the Greek. NOTE CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING:
Do NOT tell him what you are dealing with until you have covered the following verses. Note that in every verse it is dealing with a real or true, situation, place, or people. (Not a parable). Be sure to mark these in your Bible for easy reference.
Luke: 1:4,5; Lk.5:17; Lk. 6:2; Lk. 7:2; Lk. 8:2, 22, 27; Lk. 10:25; Lk. 10:38; Lk. 14:2.
REMEMBER; "CERTAIN" deals with a REAL place, person, or thing, etc. Make sure that you have covered the above-mentioned verses before dealing with Luke 16.
NOW TAKE THEM TO LUKE 16:19-28- There was a CERTAIN rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a CERTAIN beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And IN HELL he lift up his eyes,... being in TORMENTS, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am TORMENTED in this flame.
But Abraham said,... now he is comforted, and thou art TORMENTED. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
PLEASE NOTE: TORMENT IS MENTIONED FOUR TIMES IN THIS PASSAGE.
You probably will not get through the total passage before the Jehovah's Witness becomes undone. This will greatly shock him.
(17) The gospel is the DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, according to the scriptures. (1 Cor. 15:1-4).
THIS IS NOT THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS GOSPEL. Paul said, IF ANY MAN PREACH ANY OTHER GOSPEL..THEN LET HIM BE ACCURSED (Gal. 1:6-9).
If a man is preaching any other gospel than what Paul preached then he is not in good standing with God.
(18) Paul said, For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and TO BE WITH CHRIST; which is far better (Phil. 1:21,23)
Paul would not think that to die is gain if he just stayed in the body at death. Paul also said, We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be PRESENT WITH THE LORD (2 Cor. 5:8).
When a born again, saved Christian dies, he can have FULL CONFIDENCE that he will go to heaven. PRAISE GOD!
IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK A JEHOVAH WITNESS:
I have trusted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and have eternal life; am born again; am sure of going to heaven; will receive a new glorified body; will rule and reign with Jesus Christ in his kingdom; What do you have to offer that is better than that????
NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Won't you trust and receive the LORD JESUS CHRIST as your Savior, so that you can have eternal life and go to heaven also?
EXTRA MISCELLANEOUS THOUGHTS AND QUESTIONS
1. What name are you baptized in? (Acts 2:38, 19:5; in Jesus name; Matt. 28:19-20; in the name of Father, Son, & Holy Spirit)
2. Is there only one God? (compare Isa. 45:5 with Isa. 9:6).
3. Is Jesus eternal? (Heb. 7:3)
4. Who stretched out the heavens? (Isa. 44:24 compared with Heb.1:8,&10)
5. Who is the Judge (NWT)? (Psa. 50:6 compared with 2 Tim. 4:1.)
6. Show one place in the Bible where the term Jehovah's Witness occurs? The term Christian is in Acts 11:26.
7. The NWT does not finish the verse in Acts 23:9. Why? "not fight against God"
8. In Matt. 1:23 NWT "God with us" referring to Jesus.
9. If the NWT is easier to understand, then what do the following verses mean?
What is Shepelah and Arabah? (Josh. 12:8 );
What is Vaheb in Suphah? (Num. 21:14);
What is Wainscoting? (Zeph 2:14);
What is the Slimy Juice of a Marshmellow?(Job 6:6)
10. Concerning the state of a person after death? Luke 23:43 NWT. Today, you will be with me in paradise. Eph. 3:15 - the whole family in heaven. Please refer back to question # 18 in main part of book.
FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY
1874 was exact date of our Lord's return. (The Time Is At Hand, pg 170)
1914 marked the battle of the great day of God almighty with the complete overthrow of the earth's rulership. (The Time Is At Hand, pg 101)
1925 Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other Old Testament patriarchs were resurrected and are now living on earth. (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, pg 336)
1940 ushered the end of religion and with it the complete downfall of satan's organization. (Religion pg. 336)
1975 marked the end of 6,000 years of human history and started the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ -the millennium. (Life Everlasting in the Freedom of the Sons of God, pg 29,30)
PRAISE GOD! NO BIBLE
PROPHECY IN THE
KING JAMES BIBLE HAS EVER FAILED
(1) JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: THE CHRISTIAN VIEW; PERSONAL FREEDOM OUTREACH; P.O. BOX 26026, ST. LOUIS, MO /1981.